Saturday, March 22, 2014
Wednesday, March 19, 2014
|Sodium valproate is a common mood stabilizer (Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
- sodium and T-type calcium channel blocker
- an NMDA receptor-channel blocker (?helpful in hyperalgesia)
- alters GABA (distinctively selective for midbrain), dopamine and serotonin transmission
Tuesday, March 18, 2014
|A mirror box used for treating phantom limbs, developed by V.S. Ramachandran. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
"Whether the phantom is in the hand or the foot the principle of mirror box therapy is still the same. In this video soldier Bryan Wagner talk us through his phantom and how mirror box therapy help him cope with the pain."
Link to full article and video
Monday, March 3, 2014
The WPCA - Global Atlas of Palliative Care:
"Published jointly by the World Health Organization and the Worldwide Palliative Care Alliance, the Atlas is the first document to map the need for and availability of palliative care globally.
Using maps, graphs and case studies, and drawing on a wealth of resources, the Atlas addresses the following questions:
- What is palliative care?
- Why is palliative care a human rights issue?
- What are the main diseases requiring palliative care?
- What is the need for palliative care?
- What are the barriers to palliative care?
- Where is palliative care currently available?
- What are the models of palliative care worldwide?
- What resources are devoted to palliative care?
- What is the way forward"
Read the full article here